Position Operations Analyst
Industry: Capital Markets
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: minimum 3 year
Qualification: Bachelor Degree holder
Company: Maven Securities
Location: Minneapolis, MN, United States
Maven Securities Minneapolis, MN
About the job
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing operations team in the United States. Beginning with hands-on training from the global operations team, you’ll quickly become a primary contact for all operational activity for the growing US trading desk covering an ever expanding product base. Operations and Maven as a whole thrive on both collaboration, financial / technical knowledge and the cutting edge use of technology,
Which will be key parts of the role. In operations and beyond, we’ll teach you to get the best from your relationships and push you forward into becoming a subject matter expert across multiple disciplines.
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO:
- Monitor US trading activity and respond to trader inquiries including booking trades, position organization and drop copy/FIX messaging monitoring
- Work with traders to facilitate trades, placements, IPOs, forward dated deals, SPACs and all variants of capital market structure related US trading activity
- Daily monitoring and resolution of trade breaks and fails with prime brokers and counterparties
- Daily monitoring and processing of trade lifecycle and corporate action activity in line with trading desk decisions and prime broker elections
- Reconciliation of all trade & cash activity, Pl., positions, and cash balances across all relevant portfolios and accounts
- Work closely with line manager, managing duties and tasks set in a pro-active organized manner
- Monitor group email inbox in relation to resolving breaks, settlement activity, fails, buy-ins etc. as necessary
- Assist London & Hong Kong Operations teams as needed during US hours
- Perform BAU duties to a high standard and provide assistance in team projects
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- BA in Business/Accounting/Finance or related discipline (minimum 3.2 GPA)
- Up to 3 years operational experience gained in a hedge fund, family office, or proprietary trading firm
- Knowledge of equity, fixed income, CFD and listed derivative instruments including lifecycle events such as corporate actions and exercise / assignments, respectively
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and decision making and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and numerical reasoning skills.
- Experience working in a high-pressure & high-volume environment with ability to deliver results in time sensitive situations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A great environment whereby technology is key to our success
- The upside of start-up without the associated risks
- Friendly, informal and highly rewarding culture
- Informal dress code
- Fast growing global firm with plenty of opportunity where you will have significant impact
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.