Position: Hotel Accounting Clerk
Employment: Full Time
Experience: 1 years
Qualification: Degree Holder
Location: Boca Raton, FL, USA
Company: Schulte Hospitality Group
Hotel Accounting Clerk
About the job
Waterstone Resort & Marina, a Curio Collection by Hilton property, is seeking a dynamic, service-oriented Accounting Clerk to join our team! Schulte Companies (SHG) is an organization whose success is rooted in its service culture. Our mission is to exude hospitality, be respectful and authentic, prioritize the needs of our internal and external stakeholders above our own, and continuously strive to make a positive impact in all we do. We are passionate hoteliers, eager to add like-minded people to our rapidly growing team!
Our Company: Schulte Companies is a leading third-party management company with deep, multi-generational experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. We are a diverse team of innovative hoteliers and restauranteurs operating more than 200 locations across 38 states and 3 countries. Our portfolio includes a wide array of reputable brands like Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt as well as many unique, independent, boutique and lifestyle properties and restaurants.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the work of the Night Audit Staff, General Cashier, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Review of the daily processing of cash drops and preparation of deposits
- Assist with the monthly house bank audits and distribution
- Work to verify coding of accounts payable invoices, review the status of accounts receivables, review daily deposits
- Assist in the monthly account reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Assist with research on billing issues
- Assist with month-end tasks, run and electronically save standard month-end owner reports
- Ensure all reports are kept in storage in compliance with the hotels established retention period
- Provide clerical support to Accounting Management, when required
- Perform various other duties as assigned to meet business objectives
Education and Experience
- High School or equivalent education required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in Accounting/Finance or Business Education
- One plus (1+) years of accounting experience preferred, preferably in a hotel environment
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to apply mathematical operations to tasks
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, with most proficiency in Excel
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
What’s In It For You? When You Join SHG You’ll Be Part Of a Team Committed To An Inclusive, Employee-focused Workplace That Is Invested In Your Development. We Want You To Feel Engaged, Empowered, And Excited To Grow With Us. After All, We Believe Our Greatest And Most Valuable Asset Is Our People! SHG Provides a Rewarding, Fun And Flexible Work Environment, Exciting Perks, An Atmosphere Designed To Encourage And Promote Career Growth Within The Company And a Robust Benefit Package Including, But Not Limited To
- Work Today, Get Paid today, with Daily Pay!
- Free Telemedicine and Virtual Mental Health care access for All Associates starting day one!
- Multiple Health Insurance and Life Insurance options
- 401k Plan + Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Employee Meal Daily
- Free On-Site Parking
- Schulte Savings Marketplace Discounts on event tickets, electronics, gym memberships + more!
Our Company: Schulte Hospitality Group is a division of Schulte Companies, a leading third-party management company with deep, multi-generational experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. We are a diverse team of innovative hoteliers and restauranteurs operating in more than 200 locations across 38 states and 3 countries. Our portfolio includes a wide array of reputable brands like Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt as well as many unique, independent, boutique and lifestyle properties and restaurants.
The hiring process may consist of a phone interview, manager(s) interview, drug screen, background check, reference checks, and potential employment assessment. This job description is only intended to provide a general description of the benefits and compensation applicable to this position. Paid Time Off (PTO) is available for eligible associates in accordance with the Company’s Paid Time Off policy. Specific compensation and benefit details will be discussed during the interview process.