Employment type: Full Time
Experience: 2 to 5 year
Qualification: high school education or GED.
Company: True Sky Federal Credit Union
Location: Newcastle, OK, USA
Assisting members with their financial transactions, including, paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments. Carry out Credit Union’s Sales & Service initiative by offering members additional products and service with each transaction. Provide high quality service to empower our members and enrich their lives.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers and loan payments; sells official checks and visa gift cards to members.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service.
- Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
- Redeem savings bonds for members and non-members in accordance with Federal Reserve Bank Regulations.
- Cross-sells credit union services.
- Other duties as assigned
- To greet members with a smile and ensure each member is offered additional products and services in order to meet/exceed referral goals.
- To be knowledgeable of our mission to Serve, Empower and Enrich our member’s lives and ensure they are actively pursing this mission with each member and employee they serve.
- To balance at least 98% of the time, being no more than $1.00 off and with total outages not to exceed $120.00 in a twelve month period; not to have adjustments exceed 12 in a 12 month period.
- To handle 20% of total teller transactions per day.
- To be at work on time, and schedule time off in advance. No more than one unscheduled absence or tardy per month.
- To stay current and comply with all federal and state regulations including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and all credit union policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- One month to twelve months of similar or related experience.
- A high school education or GED.
- Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
- Must have a positive attitude and friendly disposition. Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch. Must be good with detail & have good listening & communication skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.