Position: Staff Accountant
Employment: Full Time
Experience: 3 to 4 year
Qualification: B.S. degree in Accounting
Location: Stanford, CA (Hybrid), US
Company: Carnegie Institution for Science
Staff Accountant required
About the job
The Staff Accountant supports the finance unit and performs a variety of accounting tasks. The Staff Accountant duties include, but are not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit card and other reconciliations. This position requires a hands-on approach to complex billing functions with the responsibility of ensuring invoices are processed timely and accurately. The Staff Accountant must effectively prioritize and multi-task while working cross functionally in a high-volume environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Updates and maintains vendor records and ensures complete documentation of new vendors including W-8 and W-9 forms.
- Collaborates with Procurement on vendor onboarding and overall P2P cycle.
- Validates and processes incoming vendor invoices.
- Verifies and ensures proper coding and appropriate expense period and ensures timely payments.
- Processes employee expense reports.
- Prepares monthly credit card reconciliation, including coding and receipt tracking.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Files monthly and quarterly Use Tax Return.
- Verifies 1099 information in preparation for annual reporting.
- Prepares Accounts Receivable invoices and follows up on aged receivables.
- Supports month end and year end closing processes, including preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and fixed assets.
- Provides customer service and support to vendors and others with respect to various accounts payable and accounts receivable inquiries.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- S. degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred, or a minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on accounting experience.
- Solid understanding and experience with GAAP and non-profit accounting
- NetSuite experience is strongly preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including intermediate/advanced MS Excel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, problem solver, and strong time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative and service-oriented fashion.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively process and follow-through on special/urgent items.
Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse research community and we encourage applications by members of all underrepresented groups