Position: Staff Accountant
Industry: insurance agencies
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: 3 to 5 year
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Company: SIA Group, Inc
Location: Jacksonville, NC (On-site)
Staff Accountant required
About the job
SIA Group has grown into one of the largest privately owned full-service insurance agencies in the United States. We are an award-winning firm and have been listed as a Top 100 Privately Held Property Casualty Agency by the Insurance Journal.
SIA Group is continuing to grow, and we are looking for today’s talent to be a part of tomorrow’s prosperity. We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our charismatic team!
This position is an in-office position that will qualify for a hybrid work schedule after training is complete
A Day in the Life of a Staff Accountant:
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes as needed.
- Record, summarize, evaluate, and report financial transactions.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, reconciling accounts.
- Assist with audits and budgeting processes.
- Reconciling of account current statements.
- Processing of check requests.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Process payments of Vendor bills, ensuring accuracy.
- Maintain and review 1099’s.
- Responsible for working accounting discrepancies.
- Manage payroll and accounting functions through ADP.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, plus 2+ years’ experience.
- 5+ years’ experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, Quick Books, and other accounting software.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: Formulas, Graphs, and Pivot Tables.
- Strong project or process management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function as a team player and maintain good working relationships with clientele, service providers, strategic partners, and employees.
Nice to Have:
- Insurance industry accounting experience.
- Experience utilizing EPIC.
- Experience utilizing Paylocity, ADP, or other payroll vendors.
What You’ll Get from Us:
- Competitive compensation
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Educational Opportunities
- Work/Life Balance
- Savings Account/Christmas Club
- Stellar perks/fringe benefits package!
What’s in it For Your Career?
- A job that becomes a career.
- A career with an agency that has a positive, employee-centered work culture.
- Career development through our custom educational plans, supportive leaders, and mentorship.
- Coaching to continually improve your accounting skills and position you for career success!
- Expand your professional network.
- Access to premier resources, tools, and technology.