Position: Payroll Clerk
Employment: Full Time
Experience: 0 to 2 year
Qualification: Degree Holder
Location: Williamsburg, VA, USA
Company: Aston Carter
Payroll Clerk required
Payroll is weekly and will be multistate work in 25 plus states. Not each state will require withholding. Payroll is processed in Foundations and manually enter data, use system to calculate payroll and taxes tables are in the system, as well. Timekeeping system is Quickbooks Time previously branded as T-Sheets. Processing payroll for 34 people at hourly and salary.
Normal cadence is 90% payroll & 10% HR but will have to be open to learning HR functions to support current HR/Payroll Manager to include onboarding, offboarding, research for employee complaints, helping update employee manuals, policies & procedures, EEO, etc. on an as needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining payroll information by collating, calculating and entering data
- Updating payroll records by entering any changes to employee information or benefits such as job title changes, exemptions and saving deductions
- Preparing reports that include summaries of earnings, tax deductions, other deductions and non-taxable wages
- Calculating payroll liabilities by determining employee taxes, including federal and state income and social security tax, and calculating employer’s payments for social security, unemployment and worker’s compensation
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering any employee payroll queries
- Maintaining all payroll operations according to company policies and procedures
- Processing and issuing W-2 forms to employees
- Researching prevailing wage determinations, processing prevailing wage jobs and certified payroll
- Maintaining accurate records and providing documentation for auditing and tax reporting purposes.
- Data entry, Payroll, excel 2003, Payroll processing, multistate payroll, foundations erp, cpp
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We’ll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we’ll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless. Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit [AstonCarter.com.](AstonCarter.com) Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.