Position Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: 4 years
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree holder
Salary: $3,220/month – $4,282/month
Company: Washington State University
Location: Spokane, WA On-site,USA
Marketing and Communications Coordinator required
About the job
197I-YN_CS_NPS – Communications Consultant 1
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Summary of Duties:
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and executing the tactical elements of the marketing and communications plan including earned, owned and paid media elements, as well as providing marketing administrative support.
With some direction from the supervisor, this role writes and edits communications materials, coordinates and posts social media content across a range of college and college-affiliate platforms, tracks and updates media contacts, assists with editorial calendar development and tracking, performs routine website updates, compiles internal newsletters, assists with presentations and other promotional materials, and assists in executing marketing and communications campaigns. This role also coordinates marketing administrative tasks including contact list development and management, and campaign and social media tracking and reporting.
Essential Job Duties
- 30% Social Media
- 20% Communications and Public Relations
- 15% Website Content Management
- 15% Marketing and Promotion
- 15% Marketing Administration
- 5% Other
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, humanities, public relations, or related field; or four years of writing/editing/public relations experience; OR equivalent education/experience.
- Additional Requirements
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing, editing and proofreading.
- Experience creating and distributing email campaigns.
- Experience with professional social media management, interaction and content scheduling using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and YouTube.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends.
- One (1) year of full-time work experience and/or an advanced degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or other related field.
- Experience with HTML text formatting and editing web pages in a content management system such as WordPress.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete projects independently and with specific deadlines.
- Experience working with web analytics, including search engine optimization, performance tracking, and keyword identification and promotion.
- Experience with photography and creating quality digital content and visual assets for social media channels
- Area/College: Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine
- Department Name: Communications and Marketing
- City, State, Zip: Spokane, WA
Monthly Salary: Range 38, $3,220 to $4,282, Step A-M | Successful candidates typically begin at the beginning of the salary range and receive scheduled salary increment increases in accordance with WAC 357-28. Step M is typically a longevity step.
WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes: paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts
For a more detailed summary of benefits offered by WSU for classified staff visit: https://hrs.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/2023-Benefit-Overview-for-Civil-Service.pdf Find total compensation here: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/recruitment-toolkit/total-compensation/
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible
This is a Permanent position.
Screening and Posting Close Date: The screening of applications will begin July 19, 2023. Applicants must submit their completed application by August 6, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check because it requires access to children or vulnerable adults as defined by RCW 74.34, engages in law enforcement, requires security clearance, interacts with WSU students in a counseling or advising capacity, has access to personal identifying and/or financial information, unsupervised access to university buildings/property, or other business-related need. A background check will not be completed until an initial determination of qualification for employment has been made.
Applicants must upload the following documents to their online applications
- Resume (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
External candidates, please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of your application. Internal candidates, please upload all documents in the “Resume/Cover Letter” section of your application.
Documents may be submitted in one file or separate files. Applicants are encouraged to upload as a PDF if possible. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants will be requested to provide contact information for professional references within the online application.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, and special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.