Position Financial Analyst
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: 3 plus year
Qualification: Degree Holder
Company: Brown & Brown Insurance
Location: Plano, TX, USA
Financial Analyst required
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Brown & Brown has an exciting opportunity available for a Financial Analyst supporting our Plano, TX team!
The Financial Analyst assists in servicing the financial consulting needs of the employee benefit clients. Position includes utilizing technical expertise to retain clients by providing financial expertise, evaluating financial metrics for clients including but not limited to monthly financial reports, utilization metrics and benchmarks as well as assist with other ad hoc reports and analysis.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor monthly financials for client including entry of data into client exhibits
- Prepare and send monthly financial reports to clients with analysis of activity and large claim detail.
- Prepare basic financial/underwriting exhibits as requested including but not limited to financial projections, large claim analysis, specific stop loss analysis, demographics analysis, IBNR, etc.
- Work with Team Lead to develop reporting requirements and any deviations or customizations in those reports.
- Coordinates and executes the implementation of new client custom reporting packages
- Assists Account Executives/Benefits Consultants in preparing requests for proposals and renewals of benefit coverages
- Basic knowledge of compliance and regulations in the benefits arena.
- Participate in market meetings, seminars and training programs as directed.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects. This may include involvement in presentations, client functions and meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business/Economics or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years financial experience with a thorough understanding and knowledge of employee benefits
- Proficient with MS Office Suite – Microsoft Excel – Strong to expert level skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgement
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and a proactive approach to meeting client financial requirements.
- Must obtain and maintain active Life/Accident and Health Insurance Agent License within a year.
- This position may require routine or periodic travel which may require the teammate to drive their own vehicle or a rental vehicle. If required, acceptable results of a Motor Vehicle Record report at the time of hire and periodically thereafter, and maintenance of minimum acceptable insurance coverages are requirements of this position.
What We Offer
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), mental health resources, pet insurance, etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.