Position: Delivery Assistant II
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Qualification: High School Diploma/GED
Salary: $37,000/yr. – $42,000/yr.
Company: The State University of New York
Location: Stony Brook, NY On-site, USA
Delivery Assistant II
Job Description – Delivery Assistant II (2302062)
Delivery Assistant II
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
High School Diploma/GED (foreign equivalent or higher). Two (2) years of full-time related warehouse experience, which may include processing orders, receiving shipments, stocking shelves and/or inventory. Must have, keep and maintain the appropriate valid NYS Driver’s License; have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violations. (***Out-of-State Applicants, see “Special Notes”).
Experience with stockroom operations and inventory control. Experience with customer service. Experience with retail delivery.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Delivery Assistant II will receive shipments, verify information, stock shelves and perform deliveries daily of orders received in the eProcurement system (WolfMart). The incumbent will work with various computer software applications such as Word, Excel and Google Apps. Incumbent will accompany vendors on daily deliveries to various university locations assisting in the delivery process of cylinder and tank deliveries. The Delivery Assistant II will assist in the daily operations of Central Services with deliveries as needed for Mail and Receiving departments.
Warehouse and Services:
- Assist in the daily delivery of tank gas to include processing orders and performing physical inventory counts.
- Responsible for completion of ordering and receiving in financial based software.
- Pulling orders from the warehouse to accommodate staff on daily deliveries.
- Accompany the vendor to various university locations to assist in and the verification of cylinder deliveries.
- Processing of parcels and packages for delivery by Central Receiving staff.
- Facilitate campus pick-ups of empty cylinders.
- Generate monthly reports on issued cylinders for State, Research Foundation, University Hospital, for supervisor’s review.
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of usage reports.
- Assist with generating inventory reports and mailing list for departmental yearly annual inventory verification.
- Generate Wolfmart Receipts for packages processed by the Central Receiving Warehouse.
- Additional Duties & Responsibilities as Assigned:
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. This is a full-time appointment. FLSA Non Exempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Moderate to heavy lifting effort is required.
For this position, we are unable to sponsor candidates for work visas.
Out-of-State Applicants: Please note as a condition of employment and in order for this position to be tendered, the successful incumbent will be required to provide evidence of a valid license and driving abstract from the state issuing the license within five business days of a conditional offer and must obtain a NYS driver’s license within 30 days of start date.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.