Position Accounting Faculty
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: 2 to 4 year
Qualification: Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Accounting preferred
Company: Cedarville University
Location: Cedarville, OH, USA
The Cedarville University Robert W. Plaster School of Business seeks an Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting. This faculty position is tenure track-eligible.
The strongest candidates will possess a terminal degree in Accounting and possess documented teaching experience in an educational or professional setting. This faculty member will teach a variety of undergraduate Accounting courses, including principles of accounting, intermediate accounting courses, accounting information systems, and auditing.
The teaching load is twenty-four hours each academic year or the equivalent of two semesters. Additional expectations include academic advising, biblical integration in instruction, maintaining academic credentials and discipline-specific research/methodology/pedagogy; committee service, and professional development/activity.
This position is subject to the University’s verification of credentials along with other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position is pending budget approval. This position is located in Cedarville, Ohio.
- D. or D.B.A. in Accounting preferred; or Masters degree in Accounting with CPA licensure and five years of professional experience
- Documented successful teaching experience, either in an educational or professional setting
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University’s Doctrinal Statement, Community Covenant, and General Work Place Standards.
For consideration, prospective applicants must complete an employment application on the university website and submit a CV, as well as unofficial higher education transcripts. Official inquiries should be directed to Jennifer Cochran, SHRM-CP, Director of Academic Human Resource Services. Position-specific inquiries should be directed to Dr. Jeff Haymond, Dean, and Robert W. Plaster School of Business.
Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer