Employment type: Full Time
Experience: 1 or more years
Qualification: Degree Holder
Salary: 3 to 5 year
Location: Topeka, KS (On-site), USA
We make NatureFlex® and Cellophane® packaging films. These are biodegradable and compostable products to help reduce plastic pollution around the world! Since our products are made from renewal wood pulp as a raw material, we essentially make transparent paper. Join us and we will show you how.
Compostable packaging is a rapidly expanding market. As a result Futamura is growing. We are looking for good people to come join our team.
The Futamura Group was established in Japan in 1950 and is now a global operation specializing in high added value packaging products. Our products are shipped around the world and are utilized by major brands and specialized markets.
The Accountant position is responsible for classifying, recording, verifying and maintaining the financial records of the US Operations.
Futamura is committed to its employees and their families by offering one of the most competitive benefits packages in the market. We can likely beat your current company on insurance premium costs, levels of coverage, out of pocket expenses and savings toward retirement. They’re too good to cover in detail in an ad. If you are selected for an interview we can provide you with the details. Compare our plan to what you are currently paying; we can likely increase your care and save you some money in your paycheck!
- Medical Insurance
- 401K + Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance
- Prescription Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Company-Paid Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain the general ledger and cost accounting systems in accordance with business management and financial analysis needs of the company.
- Monitor the customer order credit hold in SAP daily to resolve issues in a timely manner. Coordinate with the shipping department to communicate the order status.
- Issue a weekly AR aging report and provide the over-due account status.
- Research, resolve and clear old aging items (including credit notes, customer over payments, etc)
- Contact Sales Managers, Business Support Specialist and/or customers to ensure the prompt AR collection.
- Obtain, analyze, structure, and allocate indirect costs.
- Prepare journal entries for monthly closing process.
- Calculate and record monthly accruals.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and depreciation schedules monthly.
- Reconciles and recommends resolution for report discrepancies and problems.
- Coordinates and prepares pertinent information for external accounting firm and auditors.
- Support the Plant Controller in monthly closing and providing business information.
- Keep updated on sales tax exemption info and prepare quarterly filings.
- Prepare yearly personal property tax filings and assure timely payment of real estate and personal property tax.
- Provide backup for the Plant Controller and other accountants.
- Assist in inventory counts and reconciliations as required.
- Complies with Futamura’s safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 1 or more years of related accounting experience.
- Recent college grads are welcome to apply.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis in advanced Excel knowledge.
- Experience with SAP software preferred.