Position: Academic Administrative Assistant
Employment: Full Time
Experience: 3 to 5 year
Qualification: Degree Holder
Salary: $3,246 to $4,324 / Month
Location: Pullman, WA (On-site)
Company: Washington State University
Academic Administrative Assistant required
About the job
105G-YN_CS_NPS – Administrative Assistant 3
Academic Administrative Assistant
Summary of Duties:
As the Administrative Assistant for the Department of Chemistry in the College of Arts and Sciences, you will serves as the primary point of contact related to department operations or resources, with frequent contact with faculty, staff, students, clients, and the public.
In this role you will utilize your independently planning, organizing and prioritizing skills to ensuring office operations are executed effectively, as well as work with a variety of programs and services in support of Chemistry students at the undergraduate and graduate level.
You will work on a variety of complex assignments and projects requiring practical knowledge of a variety of regulations, rules, policies, procedures, and processes.
With department operation, you will be responsible for compiling reports; assisting with the department newsletter; supporting the Finance/Budget Manager and Chair with faculty tenure, promotion, and review processes and procedures; and assisting faculty with operational questions and procedures.
In support of students programs, you will coordinate and participate in several student services such as recruitment, admissions, retention efforts, scholarship programs, developing graduate travel itineraries for visitation weekends, and other assigned graduate/undergraduate programs.
- High School graduation or equivalent AND three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work; OR equivalent education/experience.
- Experience providing perceptive customer services to a wide variety of clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, co-workers and constituents.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill in effectively organizing and prioritizing multiple assignments.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to interpret, apply, and communicate rules and processes
- Experience providing support and/or coordinating activities related to student services OR equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage several projects and solve problems.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Ability to interpret and apply and communicate rules and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and be flexible in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges.
- Recent demonstrated knowledge and understanding of WSU policies and procedures.
Monthly Salary: Range 40 | $3,246 to $4,324 A-M | Successful candidates typically begin at the beginning of the salary range and receive scheduled salary increment increases in accordance with WAC 357-28.
Benefits: WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes: paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts. For additional information, please review the summary of benefits offered by WSU for classified staff and Total Compensation.
This is a permanent, full-time (100% FTE) position with an assigned work location on the WSU Pullman Campus.
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible
Area/College: College of Arts & Sciences
Department Name: Department of Chemistry
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA, 99164
Department Link: chem.wsu.edu
Posting Close Date: Applicants must submit their completed application by Monday, August 7, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check because it requires access to children or vulnerable adults as defined by RCW 74.34, engages in law enforcement, requires security clearance, interacts with WSU students in a counseling or advising capacity, has access to personal identifying and/or financial information, unsupervised access to university buildings/property, or other business-related need. A background check will not be completed until an initial determination of qualification for employment has been made.
Application Instructions: Applicants must upload the following required documents to their online application. External candidates, please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of your application. Internal candidates, please upload all documents in the “Resume/Cover Letter” section of your application.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.