Position: Payroll Accountant
Employment: Full Time
Experience: 2 to 5 year
Qualification: bachelor’s or master’s degree holder
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Company: Aston Carter
Aston Carter · San Diego, CA
About the job
Hiring for a Payroll Accountant in Torrey Pines! Hybrid role.
Skills & Qualifications*
- Requires a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline along with six or more years of progressive experience in accounting with a bachelor’s degree or four or more years of experience with a master’s degree. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of accounting theories, concepts and principles, as well as a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting standards, and FAR.
- Must possess leadership skills including organizing, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including management; (4) the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on external projects ; and (5) excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required
- Preforms various Payroll functions (processing of payroll, pay to CO reconciliation, tax filings, and timecard audits).
- Prepares payroll journal vouchers.
- Prepares annual W-2s.
- Responsible to complete account reconciliations.
- SAP, CATS and Autotime experience preferred
- Determines and implements the most effective methods for controlling and processing accounting information.
- Analyzes and responds to accounting questions in accordance with GAAP generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensures proper documentation in accordance with external requirements.
- Prepares timely and reliable periodic summaries of accounting records and data.
- Conducts special studies and analysis and prepares required accounting data for assigned projects and/or programs.
- Functions in an advisory role and provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We’ll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we’ll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless. Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit [AstonCarter.com.](AstonCarter.com) Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.