Position Operations/ Strategy Associate
Employment type: Full Time
Experience:3 plus year
Qualification: Degree Holder
Salary: $90,000 – $140,000
Company: Prolific Machines Inc
Location: Emeryville, CA (On-site) 1, USA
Operations/ Strategy Associate
About the job
Prolific Machines is an innovative startup biotech on a mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable agriculture. We believe that we have the only solution to make cultured meat at a price that is competitive with factory farming. We are looking for mission-driven, skilled, and kind people to help create the alternative we need to transition to a more sustainable and healthy future.
Diversity: We value diverse people, perspectives, and knowledge. To this end, we aim to foster a sense of belonging that enables everyone to bring their whole, authentic self to work everyday. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team that encompasses all types of people. We believe this can only be achieved by acknowledging the ancestral, historic, and current systemic and communal inequities.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Associate to report directly to our Head of Operations who:
- Has 3+ years of experience across Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, working in analytical roles within a start-up
- Is passionate about sustainability and the transition to more sustainable agriculture
- Loves solving hard problems and is tenacious in pursuit of solutions
- A collaborative team player, with a desire to learn and take on new challenges
- Is highly analytical and has deep experience in financial modeling and analysis
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with strong independent work capabilities; able to work autonomously without constant supervision or hand-holding.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Engineering
- MBA preferable but not required
Financial Management and Forecasting
- Modeling company expenditure to manage burn rate and project future expenditure
- Assisting in the management of company investments, through creating systems to track company funds, cash management and advising on investment allocation
- Modeling and suggesting opportunities to reduce monthly burn and reallocate funds to areas of highest need.
- Implement cost saving initiatives across the company and ensure compliance
- Together with Head of Operations act as gatekeeper for company expenditure and budgeting
- Execute on account administration inclusive of user access and financial reporting
- Track company obligations, set up systems for reporting on compliance and execute on tasks to maintain compliance (e.g. maintain necessary insurances, procure services for annual 409a, communicate cap table changes)
- Work with Head of Operations to on-board new employees, ensure equitable pay, benefits and stock options
- Working with HR/ Management to create and implement internal company policies for better financial management, employee welfare and company harmony.
- Act as strategic resource for internal functions inclusive of Payroll/ Benefits, Accounting, Legal, Strategy, Facilities, Procurement, Regulation and Commercial
- Interface with external parties to answer ad hoc questions and provide support, guidance and key information
- Work with other department leads to assess resource allocation and the need for further outsourcing (e.g. Cleaners, Security, etc.)
- Creating board decks and material for company/ investor updates
- Helping prepare materials for upcoming series B raise, inclusive of:
- Due diligence materials on Prolific
- Data room management
- Allocation of funds
- Work with wider team to prepare responses to ad hoc investor questions
Strategy and Planning
- Analyze internal and external data for the creation of material to inform company strategy on commercialization, cost reduction, headcount and company resource allocation
- Help with the negotiation of commercial partnerships (distribution, supply, etc.)
- Management of commercial timeline and coordination of activities required to achieve this
PR/ Marketing/ Social
- As required help draft press releases for company announcements and conduct admin for release (e.g. work with key stakeholders, investors and internal team to get approval for release and work with distribution partners and journalists to announce)
- Manage company social media accounts/ websites to keep followers abreast of company updates and ensure we are getting traction
- Coordinate launch of our food brand launch inclusive of managing trademark applications, branding, changes to social/ websites
- At Prolific Machines we aim to cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a team that challenges each other to be better every day!
- Salary Range: $90,000 – $140,000 (bi-weekly payments)
- Location: The San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville)
- Compensation: Competitive salary (bi-weekly payments), stock options (subject to vesting), performance-based bonus, and free lunch every day!
- Benefits: Outstanding Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (including full spouse coverage), 401k plan with employer contributions, unlimited paid time off.
Evaluation: In lieu of the traditional application process of a CV and cover letter, we would rather give you an opportunity to tell us about yourself on your own terms by answering the below three questions. How you answer these is up to you: in words (narrative or otherwise), video, or visually. However, we do ask that it is concise (e.g less than 200 words for written answers). If applying by video or visually please send your application to