Position: Nursing Assistant
Employment: Full Time
Experience: 3 to 5 year
Qualification: Degree holder
Location: Hartford, CT, USA
Company: Trinity Health
Nursing Assistant – 36 Hours Night Shift – CV Surgical Cardiology
Trinity Health · Hartford, CT
12 Hour Night Shift
Trinity Health Of New England is looking for an experienced Nursing Assistant to join our team of mission-driven healthcare innovators at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center. Our vision is to provide state-of-the-art healthcare to those within our local communities, creating a positive impact for everyone that walks through our doors. This person is responsible for assisting physicians while providing exceptional treatment to patients with a variety of medical conditions.
- Full Time – 36 hours nights, 7:00 pm. to 7:30 a.m., must work weekend/holiday as scheduled
- You Will Be Responsible For
- Collecting and reporting patient information and data as directed.
- Helping patients with activities of daily living; including personal hygiene, diet, fluid intake, skin care, bathing and dressing, positioning, transfers, mobility, and ambulation.
- Patient transport, collection of specimens, distribution of linens and supplies to patient rooms, and delivery of ice and beverages to patients as directed. As assigned, stays with at-risk patients to monitor safety.
- Providing care according to hospital procedures in a manner that protects the safety and dignity of patients.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent. Graduate of a Connecticut approved Nurse Aide Training Program preferred.
- In process of earning a BA in Nursing or Health Sciences with at least one clinical completed. Proof with college transcript required OR have significant nurse assistant/healthcare related experience is required.
- Certification: BLS certification required prior to starting.
- Previous experience as a Nursing Assistant in an acute care setting preferred
Trinity Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Step up to your potential. Write your story and apply today!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.