Position: Cost Accountant
Employment: Full Time
Experience: 3 to 5 year
Qualification: Degree holder
Location: Olmsted Falls, OH, USA
Vitamix is unquestionably the premium brand of high-performance “blenders,” and known for its top-notch company culture and climate. It is an important component of what makes Vitamix unique and successful, and the reason why Vitamix is recognized as a Top Workplace, NorthCoast99 Winner, and Smart Culture Award recipient.
Throughout its 101-year history, Vitamix has encouraged and promoted healthy lifestyles for both its customers and employees. Employees enjoy multiple wellness programs and perks, a free Vitamix machine, and an onsite fitness center. Vitamix also offers a flexible work environment, great work culture, healthy living initiatives like fitness reimbursements, and opportunities for advancement.
For consumers, Vitamix can be found domestically in places like William Sonoma, Sur la Table, Crate & Barrel, Target, Amazon, and at Vitamix.com, and is in over 130 countries around the world.
Ultimately, Vitamix is the Global-leader in high-performance blending solutions for home and commercial use, is preferred by chefs and is found in many of top restaurants around the world. It is relied upon by culinary schools in the U.S. and has been used to train thousands of students and master chefs worldwide. If it is not a Vitamix, it’s just a blender.
Vitamix is seeking a Cost Accountant that will be responsible for the accurate and complete inventory and COGS valuations. They will maintain accurate costing including new product set up, monthly reconciliation of inventory, and month end close assistance. The Cost Accountant will ensure that all assigned inventory/accounting transactions are completed on a timely basis and accurately maintained to support strategic business decisions. The successful candidate will have prior cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements variance analysis of COGS including production labor, depreciation, purchase price variance, etc.
- Ensures proper classification of costs and conducts PPV reporting and analysis
- Prepares month end and year end closing entries and reconciliations
- Establishes and maintains standard costs in Oracle
- Reconciles perpetual and general ledger inventory quantities and values
- Responsible for review of BOMs, cost updates, labor/overhead/depreciation rates and product cost accuracy
- Monitors inventory adjustments and valuation changes
- Assists with annual budgeting projections for cost of goods sold and the establishment of labor/overhead rates
- Performs annual and mid-year standard cost updates
- Performs special projects related to bills-of material; standard, freight and warranty cost analysis
- Performs monthly inventory close
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Alignment with Vitamix’s culture and Guiding Principles which defines its Purpose, Mission, and Values.
- Expertise around Vitamix competencies: Adapting to Change, Customer Thinking & Focus, Drive for Results, Attention to Detail, Accountability, Initiative, Relations with Others
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with an ERP system is preferred, Oracle is a plus. CPA certified or progress toward certification is preferred
- Good knowledge of accounting principles, policies and practices, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information in a clear, focused and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all levels of employees in a team-oriented environment
- High level of corporate professionalism, maturity and political savvy
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems
- Strong sense of personal ownership committed to quality, accuracy and timeliness
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment required