Position Associate Master Data Specialist
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: 1 to 2 year
Qualification: Degree holder
Company: Chr. Hansen
Location: West Allis, Wisconsin, USA
Hiring Associate Master Data Specialist
About the job
Do you want to help improve food and health around the world?
At Chr. Hansen, food and health is at the heart of everything we do and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. We strive to include diversity, equality and inclusion into our actions at work on a daily basis. Want to join us?
What we can offer you!
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance – Starts on Day 1! Vision insurance is FREE for employees!
- 401k – up to an 8% contribution (Safe-harbor Company-contribution of 4% of annual base compensation PLUS Company-match of 66 2/3% of first 6% of employee’s contribution)
- Work/Life Balance – Will be eligible for 10 paid Company holidays PLUS all employees start with 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (prorated in first year)
- Flexibility – Various shift options (shift premiums for off-shifts) and remote work policy
- Training & Development – In-house leadership development program & support of continuous learning (training, seminars and certifications)
- Disability Income Protection
- Health Savings (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Company-Provided Life & AD&D Insurance 2x annual base salary (up to maximum of $750,000)
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year and approved application
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance up to $3,000 after 1 year and approved application
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program with up to $1,000 in incentives
- Company-sponsored holiday party, family picnic & golf outing
- FREE Probiotics for Employees (and covered dependents)! & Discounted prices for additional purchases
At Chr. Hansen, we offer a working opportunity that you can take part in setting the agenda. In each of our 32 global offices, you will be able to experience an agile organization where takes a short way from idea to implementation. We believe that engagement matters. Our inspiring work environment and collaborative culture would allow you to continuously develop both personally and professionally. As a market leader, Chr. Hansen has constantly pioneered science for almost 150 years and expanded into new area for a more sustainable future. Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was a true entrepreneur and his mentality is still very present and valued today. We keep looking for people who can take charge and come up with new ideas to strengthen our team. Join us and take part in making a meaningful difference!
Do you want to help improve food and health around the world?
At Chr. Hansen, food and health is at the heart of everything we do and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
The team for you to join
We are searching for a new Master Data Specialist to join in on our master data mission to continuously advance our master data maturity and create business value through data governance, optimization, automations and implementing new ways of working.
Our global Master Data Management (MDM) function works within our main data domains – products, production, customers and vendors – and currently consists of two teams: One team based in Denmark and one team based in Colombia.
As our business in the US has increased in scale and complexity, we are now expanding our master data footprint and capacity locally in the US. You will join our global Master Data Management function and you will be based in West Allis, WI together with the rest of our North American IT department as part of Global IT. Global IT is a truly global organization with 160 specialists and managers across the world, all working with the same digital strategy to meet the business requirements of the strategic ambitions set forth in the business strategy. We offer a specialist position in a global company with excellent opportunities for personal development and growth. You will be able to make an impact and support Chr. Hansen’s strategy of growing a better world. Naturally.
What would your role look like?
As Master Data Specialist your main responsibilities will be to support our US production sites with product and production master data. This includes, among other tasks, creations of and changes to materials, bill of materials and recipes in our ERP system SAP, as well as participation in various projects as master data represent and you will work in close collaboration with the rest of the master data function and business stakeholder to ensure high data quality.
In addition, you will:
- Plan, coordinate and drive master data initiatives
- Align local master data processes to our global set-up
- Create work instructions and SOP’s
- Provide master data support within other data domains such as customers and vendors
Who are we looking for?
For this position we are open to new graduates. You must have a data centric mindset and be in possession of a strong drive and stakeholder management skills, as you will engage with different stakeholders at different levels in the organization. You preferable have experience from an intership while in school from another production company within the bioscience or pharmaceutical industry.
In addition, preferably, you have:
- A strong understanding of business processes
- An eye for details
- Experience with SAP – preferable the MM module
- Good communication skills
If you need more information
We are looking forward to hearing from you
If you find the job and role interesting, please submit your cover letter and CV. We will be processing incoming applications continuously.
Do you know someone?
If it is not the job for you, but perhaps you know someone who might fit and be interested, please share this job link to him/her. Thank you for your referral.
About Chr. Hansen
Chr. Hansen is a global, differentiated bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. At Chr. Hansen we are uniquely positioned to drive positive change through microbial solutions. We have worked for over 145 years to enable sustainable agriculture, better food and healthier living for more people around the world. Our microbial and fermentation technology platforms, including our broad and relevant collection of around 40,000 microbial strains, have game-changing potential.
We have come far on our journey, and delivered strong results, and as we continue to unlock the power of good bacteria through new technologies, there is so much more we can do. Our employees are the driving force enabling us to live our mission to pioneer microbial science to improve food, health and productivity. We work passionately, because we know we can make a difference for people, animals and plants. And ultimately for our planet. Innovating for a sustainable future is part of our culture, our history and our strategy and is embedded in our purpose: to grow a better world. Naturally.