Position Accounts Payable Specialist
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Qualification: Degree holder
Company: American Fence Company, Inc
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Accounts Payable Specialist required
American Fence Company is hiring an Accounts Payable Specialist. Pay range is $21-$26/hour DOE. Successful candidate will be very well organized, have excellent communication skills and be computer literate.
American Fence Company, founded in 1948, is one of the largest installers of rental and permanent fence that is focused on future growth. We provide a high quality of fencing solutions by valuing our employees which has resulted in average tenure of 9 years of employment.
Overview of Duties:
- Receive invoices via mail, e-mail, and fax, review invoices for the type of invoice, enter information into J.D. Edwards (JDE), and route appropriately for approvals per company procedures.
- Verify vendor invoices against PO and investigate variances.
- Create and issue system and manual checks for vendors on approved invoices.
- Ensure employee reimbursements are in accordance with company policies. Create and issue checks to employees for approved expense reimbursements.
- Ensure petty cash expenses are in accordance with company policies. Issue petty cash reimbursements to branches weekly.
- Review vendor contact information and update addresses in JDE as needed.
- Review credit memos from vendors to see if error occurred from overpayment, charge backs, or returns. Verify if the amount is correct and work with vendors on discrepancies. Document and collect funds from vendors on appropriate credits.
- Conduct peer review of entries into system to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare and send out all 1099s to vendors at calendar year end.
- Advise and assist internal customers and outside auditors with accounts payable related questions and problems.
- Review vendor statements and identify and resolve any issues noted.
- Preserve the integrity and accuracy of the accounts payable vendor master file and general ledger.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Business
2 plus years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Type and 10-key by touch.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in JD Edwards software or other accounting system helpful.
- Experience with report writer preferred.
We conduct a thorough background check, drug screen, and credit check.
We offer full Benefit packages to our employees including:
- Group Medical Insurance with prescription coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary AD & D Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k with company match
- Employee Discounts
EOE/AA/M/F/D/V – Drug Free Environment