Position: Accounting Associate
Employment: Full Time
Experience: 2 to 5 year
Qualification: Degree holder
Salary: Pay: $17.38 / hourly
Location: Johnston, IA, USA
Company: Cerebral Staffing, LLC
Cerebral Staffing, LLC · Johnston, IA
Join Cerebral Staffing, LLC on site at our client John Deere in Johnston, IA as an Accounting Associate!
Visa sponsorship is not available, now or in the near future, for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position is responsible for the incoming mail and ensuring all customer payments are properly deposited and accounted, preparing in-house checks for virtual remit to bank, preparing and posting Advance Lease Payments (ALP) including working with Lease group on proper application, processing rejected payments and work with business areas on how to handle incoming checks/payments. The position will also learn how to apply payments directly to customer’s accounts and other projects as needed. Once gained comfort with these tasks, expanded responsibilities to applying payments to customer’s accounts working suspense payments.
- Maintains and processes accounting transactions to assist with accurate financial reporting.
- Reconciles the more complex accounts, identifies discrepancies found, and provides the corrective action to be taken.
- Assists with month end close activities and preparing financial exhibits.
- Communicates with others within the department or outside of the work area (employees, customers, suppliers) in order to exchange information and to answer questions or resolve issues.
- Prepares various financial reports.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office plus intranet and internet
- Ability to use various department specific computer programs
- Reliability and self-motivation
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management skills
- Experience with live checks
- Background in Accounting